Saturday, August 21, 2010

Applying pomade (sculpting wax) to your hair...?

I just had a major hair cut that requires pomade for 'piecy' parts and I have NO idea as to how to apply this. Could someone give me some advice as to how to have a positive outcome and achieve the look I had when the stylist did my hair? Thanks!Applying pomade (sculpting wax) to your hair...?
Sure, I am a hairdresser.





The most important thing when you are applying anything like that is to ';emulsify'; it. That means put a dime size glob in the palm of your hand, and then rub your hands together until it's warm, and thin all over your hands. (like the way you would warm up lotion before you slap it on). That way you don't have chunks of goo in your hair.





I don't know what kind of haircut you have, but if you just want piecy ends, it's best to flip your hair upside down, and then just start grabbing the ends of your hair, and kind of pulling at the same time so the product transfers from your hands to the ends of your hair. Once you flip your hair back over, you can do some touch up finishing, where you grab individual pieces. Be careful around your face that you don't grab the pieces too high up, or it will make your hair look greasy. You only want it on the ends!





Hope that helps. Also, if you have a short haircut, and you want the back to flip up, rub your hands upwards through the back once you've emulsified the product in your hands.Applying pomade (sculpting wax) to your hair...?
Pomade and Hair wax can be very tricky to use, but I happen to have learned a few hair tricks from the beauty store i worked at, and from practice with my own hair :)





Take a very small amount of pomade about the size of a penny, and rub your fingers together with both hands. then take the pieces of hair you want to make ';piecy'; and stick a bit of pomade on it. stay away from your roots, that just makes your hair look dirty or greasy. Less is better for this product, and if you want to you can pull apart the pieces you make to make smaller pieces.





I hope I helped out in any way.





=]
  • good makeup
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment