Saturday, August 21, 2010

How Do I Get Wax (Hair Removal Wax) Off Of My Cushions/Clothes/Glass?!?

Hi all you cleaning experts, please help me!





I have been doing my own waxing at home for years (I have a wax pot, hot wax etc ). I was going to wax my sisters legs a few days ago and I went downstairs to get a bottle of water. I came back up and found wax drops sprayed everywhere.





She wanted to ';have a go'; herself and using the wooden spatula flicked the wax everywhere when she was wiping the excess wax off of the spatula onto the bar in the wax pot.





Now I have wax on my cushions, picture frames, some of my clothes that were in the was basket etc! I don't have a clue how to get it off as I have never had this problem before. I know you can get candle wax off with a iron and newspaper but does it work for hair removal wax? Help lol!





Please help if you can! I really appreciate you taking the time to answer! XxHow Do I Get Wax (Hair Removal Wax) Off Of My Cushions/Clothes/Glass?!?
Surgical spirit works on some things, used it at college lol


When hot wax is spilt and drying it can act like candle wax, try looking up on candle wax removal etc.





here are some links you may find useful...


http://www.wisegeek.com/how-do-i-remove-鈥?/a>


http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?鈥?/a>


http://www.shamrockaffiliations.ws/index鈥?/a>





Hope that helps, we have this problem sometimes.How Do I Get Wax (Hair Removal Wax) Off Of My Cushions/Clothes/Glass?!?
Is it the brand with the wooden stick that says ';NO'; if it's too hot and then fades to blue if it's ready to use? If so, the wax is completely water soluble and therefore, you should be able to remove it with warm water - the wax on the clothes should come off in a normal wash. I don't think it's like candle wax.
If you get a brown paper bag put over the wax and then get your iron and iron on the paper bag and the wax will heat up and go on the paper bag!! :}
Have you tried baby oil? that works getting it off your skin?

No comments:

Post a Comment